Friday, September 20, 2013

Tuna-Packed Piquillo Peppers


Per Nana~
I have been wanting to make this recipe since the first time I saw it in "Around My French Table". However, I did not find the peppers too readily, so I sort of forgot about it. I was happy to see it on the list for September and although the peppers I found at Wegman's were from Peru (and not the traditional ones from the Basque region of France or Spain) they were quite good.  I thought the filling was very tasty.

We love both capers and olives and I have been buying the tuna fish at Costco- it actually comes from Italy and was perfect for this dish. It is really more "tonno" than the tuna we typically find in the US. (I love to eat it out of the can, although Hubby insists it needs mayo)

The recipe was certainly easy to prepare, and just before serving I put it under the broiler with a drizzle of olive oil as Dorie suggested. It was delicious.
Per Tricia~
While I am not as much of a fan of these ingredients as my folks, my husband IS- and he adored this dish. 
Before the broiler........
It was thankfully easy to prepare and we tried it both immediately as prepared and after being warmed under the broiler. 
After a bit of heat~
 As usual, Dorie was right in her suggestion that a few minutes of heat would really bring out the flavors. Lovely and I just wish I had made more........


Happy French Friday !

8 comments:

  1. I liked the filling too, as I am not a fan of tuna + mayo.

    Bravo for getting this in and look forward to meeitn you in an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was meeting you all this weekend! Brava to both of you - great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to make this one forever, too! Have a fun Dorie weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you are having a wonderful time... bravo for getting the peppers done before the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you both enjoyed this one. Hope you're having a great time at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to agree with hubby that tuna needs mayo. But I don't like to use mayo in anything which will be sitting around at room temperature for too long and so olive oil is probably the better way to go with these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I skipped this one. Great post though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just catching up from last weekend. I really liked the filling, but I'm not so sure about stuffing it into peppers next time. I used the same Italian tuna from Costco. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete